BU14 CHAMPIONS: FC BARCELONA
GU14 CHAMPIONS: FUSION
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PLAYERS, COACHES AND FANS FOR A TERRIFIC SEASON. SEE YOU IN 2013!
* 06-That's What's Up earned additional +1 Sportsmanship = 3 points
2012 U14 Tournament Rules
1. All tournament games will follow the same format as the regular season, including:
1.1. 2 x 35 minute halves
1.2. The team listed first is the home team, and has first-choice of touchline.
1.3. The 3/4 rule play is in effect
2. If the game is tied at the end of regulation the game will proceed to “Extra Time”. This will follow standard FIFA format, with the following notables:
2.1. 2 x 7(seven) minute halves (note: a new coin toss is made – the winner chooses direction, loser kicks off).
2.2. Both periods will be played in full.
2.3. Between halves, the changeover should be as quick as possible (it is NOT a full-half break).
2.4. Any player sitting out the first overtime period must play the second overtime period
2.5. Any player can play in both overtime periods.
3. If the game is tied after Extra Time, the game will proceed to Kicks From The Mark (KFTM). This will follow standard FIFA format with the following notables:
3.1. Only those players on the field during the second overtime period may participate in KTFM.
3.2. All players (NOT substitutes or coaches) will gather inside the center circle. The referee will determine the goal to use for KFTM.
3.3. A coin toss will be made - the winner chooses whether to kick first or second.
3.4. Each team will take five kicks, until a winner is determined.
3.5. If still tied after five kicks per team, kicks will continue in turn until a winner is determined.
3.6. Coaches can re-order their kick takers at any time.
3.7. No player can take a second kick until all players have taken a kick.
4. Sportsmanship points will be awarded as per the regular season. All teams start with "0" Sportsmanship Points.
5. To be eligible for the Area Tournament (which takes place after our Region Tournament):
5.1. Teams playing 3 tournament games must earn a minimum of 5 sportsmanship points.
5.2. Teams playing 2 tournament games must earn a minimum of 3 sportsmanship points.
5.3. Any team receiving 0 sportsmanship points for any game will not be eligible for the Area Tournament.
5.4. All coaches must be age-appropriate certified.
5.5. In the event that the Region Tournament winner is ineligible for the Area Tournament, the second place team will be invited to participate.
6. If either one of the two days of the tournament is rained out, the tournament will be canceled and the regular season Division winner will go to the Area tournament. Note: this rule is in effect even if the Division winner was eliminated during tournament play.
©2013 AYSO San Mateo, California
Peak memory use: 0.75 MB. Cpu time: 0.04 s.